Eider Africa Limited seeks to be responsive to the ongoing economic, political, social transformations taking place in Africa today. We seek to provide creative adaptive approaches which maximize the under-tapped opportunities Africa could leverage upon to position itself as a focal point for innovative technology and research.Africa may need to urgently invest in the production of healthy, adaptable and educated workforce. It is estimated that: -Read more: Critical Statistics About Africa
- 2016 -2017 Utafiti Researchers have participated in collaborative research with regional Bodies like CODESRIA in the frame of National Working Groups.
- 2016 Utafiti Africa researchers mentored 16 (5 undergraduate, 9 Graduate, and 2 PhD) scholars in the development on their thesis. Their topics ranged from Education, Health, Employment and Sexual Reproductive Health.
- On 28th May 2017 Utafiti Africa researcher was invited to participate in a workshop on the Thematic: Harnessing the ‘Hustle’ at the British Eastern Africa Institute http://www.biea.ac.uk/workshop-held-at-the-biea-in-nairobi-on-tuesday-march-28th-2017/. The key discussion question was: Is hustle a transient phase exemplifying urban economic and political struggle in low-income and informal parts of the city, or is the hustle economy generative form of urban life in its right, driven by a particular composite of skills and experiences ‘to make do and to matter’? Output of the workshop is a peer reviewed journal and the presenters were drawn from local and International Universities.
- 2017 Utafiti Africa researcher authored a Chapter in the book: Changing Social Norms to Universalize Girls' Education in East Africa.
- 2017 Utafiti Africa Researcher Authored an article in the Childhood in Africa Journal. https://www.ohio.edu/global/cis/african/upload/Childhoold-in-Africa-V4-I1-2017-Spring.pdf
- One of the Utafiti Africa Researchers was a successful applicant of the competitive Partnership for Africa Social and Governance Research 2017 on Advanced Training for Multi-Method and Policy Oriented Research.